Monday 18 March 2013

It's still too cold to do much apart from tidying and planning. It's not going to get any warmer either according to the predictions so I'll have to content myself taking pics of what's been growing so far.




We call this shrub "NOT rosa rugosa" as it's similar but definitely not the same. Will look up the true botanical name and let you know next time! 

The roses are deep red and smell exquisite. It repeats flowering all summer right through to November.





This is an ornamental Japanese cherry which accidently starting growing in the garden. It started life as a mere stick brought from our old garden - used it to support another plant in a pot on it's journey here.  I stuck it in the garden where it took root so I left it there!  It has the most beautiful pink blossom and smells divine.
As you can see, the buds are swelling nicely so not long to wait now.



This rather sad-looking specimen will burst into life quite soon.
It's a "montana" clemetis which is planted in our next-door neighbour's garden but is so vigorous it travels over the fence.
The next pic show how it looks in full bloom.








To remind myself that the garden really does look lovely for a few months each year I'm sharing this pic I took last year......


No comments:

Post a Comment