Monday 11 March 2013


Monday morning and it's absolutely freezing - literally - putting paid to my plans to start on much-needed work in the garden.  But I'm not easily thwarted so instead of getting my hands dirty I took myself off to favourite garden centre to treat us to some short and long-term colour.




As I was already out and cold to my bones I decided to research costs of posts and trellis for planned screen by the shed. Expensive! Think I'll check out wood yard instead. I used to make all our trellises as it's much cheaper but this time I'm going to buy readymade. Should be able to save money on the posts though.




Watched Gardeners World (BBC1 - UK) to see if Monty had any new insights ....alas no but he did remind me to prune my clematis and sambucus nigra "Black Lace" to give maximum size leaf/flower and colour later in the year. 




The sun has just come out for the first time in ages and is shining on bottom section of the garden where our hardy geraniums are kept in check by Bella's regular watering!

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment